A Few Flowers For October Color

Friday, October 14, 2011


Tiger Gardens is doing very well this fall due to the nice rains we received in September, warm days, and cooler nights. Here are a few blooms from the gardens I find noteworthy this fall. 


'Autumn Chiffon' is one of two Encore azaleas that I have posted on before. The post titled 'Encore Azaleas Not So Encore' is a very popular post in early spring. When I see all the searches (from my Sitemeter)  related to Encore azaleas not doing well I have to smile because I know I am not the only gardener in the same boat with having trouble with Encore azaleas being hardy as promised. I have found the solution to their hardiness problems-plant them in the spring in a protected spot and give them a few years to settle in. Both of my Encore 'Autumn Chiffons' are putting out more blooms this fall than they did in the spring. Azaleas in the fall are a very nice treat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 Mixx Blogger Template - Blogger Templates by BloggerReflex

Sponsored by: Trucks | SUV | Cheap Concert Tickets